Monday, February 8, 2010

Missing files-names and folder-names in Vista

I was faced a problem in Vista few months ago. The problem is that all of the folder-names and file-names were missing in large folder view under my drive in Vista. But I can see under sub folders. Strange ? huh. Take a look at the following snapshot.

missing-folders-vista

That is always happened when we hold the SHIFT key while we’re opening the drive or folder in Vista. To solve this problem, follow the steps.

1. Switch to detail view.

folders-detail-view-vista

2. Hold down SHIFT key and change to “Medium Icons”.

shift-folder-view

3. Close the Explorer and re-open it again. There you’ll get your folder names and file names back.

folders-large-view-vista

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
Thank you
i have the same problem.
and solved it,
bye

feel free to ask for returning favour
nitish_virgin@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

my pleasure..

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lourdes Manners said...

I have so many folder and files it only works if I do it one at a time. Is there a way to do them all at once?

This is driving me crazy.
Thanks so much!